Food Innovation & Training Specialist
Boyne Valley Food Innovation District – BVFID (a not-for-profit subsidiary of Meath Enterprise) is a smart specialisation collaborative that nurtures food and drink SMEs and talent to achieve their commercialisation and scaling potential. It is a leading-edge cluster that is fuelled by collaboration with the unique potential to spur productive and sustainable regional economic development, levering the power of intercompany linkages to drive innovation and sales growth nationally and internationally.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Food Innovation & Training Specialist will support the management and development of the new Boyne Valley Food Hub and other related infrastructural and enterprise development projects, initiatives and facilities that support food entrepreneurship, startups, SMEs and innovation ecosystem development across Meath and the wider region.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to);
- Day to day management of the Boyne Valley Food Hub, and all related activities, facilities and projects, in terms of Quality, Technical & Innovation processes and Health & Safety standards and procedures,
- Assist clients / companies with their new product development ideas and processes, facilitate collaborations, manage interactions, promote industry trends and support them with the commercialisation of their product development projects,
- Keeping abreast of recent and emerging outputs and technologies from the research sector and actively seeking opportunities to transfer the knowledge and facilitate the uptake of technologies within the Boyne Valley Food Innovation District,
- Assist clients / companies with the adoption and implementation of best practice standards throughout their innovation and manufacturing processes,
- Ensure Quality Management and Systems Compliance and quick reactive responses to client enquiries on all aspects of product quality, food health and safety concerns, • Develop and lead food waste and circular economy initiatives to ensure the Boyne Valley Food Hub and our clients / projects achieve superior sustainability credentials, • Development and achievement of KPIs to ensure best in class standards of operation and control across all activities and facilities.
- Developing and facilitating food startup, scaleup and SME training and development programmes, events, networking, work placements and internships to support the development of the Food Innovation District and the wider entrepreneurial and innovation ecosystem,
Key Skills & Experience:
- A QQI level 8 Degree in Food Science or a related discipline is preferred but not essential, • Minimum 5 years Quality Management/NPD/Technical/Innovation and Training experience in Consumer Foods is essential,
- Excellent IT, digital media, presentation, reporting skills and experience is essential, • Extensive experience in a food manufacturing environment and experience working with Irish / UK Retailers and Food Service companies,
- Understanding of food quality and safety management systems (HACCP, BRC, ISO) as well as basic food regulations,
- Ability, and a proven track record, in new product development, innovation management, design and delivery of training and development programmes, events and initiatives that support the scalable expansion of food Startups and SMEs,
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills, a connector with genuine interest in supporting the success of others and a passion for, and understanding of, entrepreneurial communities and innovation ecosystem development,
- Strong PR, marketing and digital content creation skills and experience, • Ability to connect, lead, motivate and inspire people both online and offline, • Excellent oral and written communication skills in English,
- Full clean ‘B’ driving licence and own transport is essential for this role.
Location: Navan, Co Meath
Contract Type: Full-time
Salary: €43-45k DOE
Contract Duration: 12 Month fixed term contract subject to 6 month probationary period
Reporting Structure: Reporting directly to the Manager of BVFID (Meath Enterprise)
Deadline for Applications: Wednesday 20th December 2023 at 4.00pm
How To Apply;
Email a CV and Cover Letter (Job Ref- BVFID3-FIS) to email@example.com (Only CVs and Cover Letters submitted directly to firstname.lastname@example.org will be considered or accepted)
This position is being part-funded under the governments Regional Enterprise Development Fund (REDF) which is administered by Enterprise Ireland and is also being supported and part-funded by Meath Enterprise and Meath County Council.
BVFID is an equal opportunities employer.