MLSP was established by the Irish Sports Council to co-ordinate and promote the development of sport at a local level. The key aim of the MLSP is to increase participation in sport and to ensure that local resources are used to best effect; it will also provide a voice for those who participate locally in sport throughout the county. Meath LSP works with member agencies and local community groups in providing opportunities to participate in sport and physical activity regardless of age, ability, background and socio-economic position.
How is the Irish Sports Council (ISC) linked to Meath LSP? The Irish Sports Council was established in 1999 under the Irish Sports Council Act 1999. The ISC have established local sports partnerships at county and city level nationwide to co-ordinate and promote the development of sport at a local level with further plans to develop them nationwide. Meath LSP receive core funding from the ISC on an annual basis.
MLSP ObjectivesObjectives of MLSP are:
- Increase opportunities for everyone to participate in sport and physical activity in Meath.
- Enhance training and development opportunities for all involved in sport and physical activity in Meath.
- Encourage better use and planning for sport and physical activity.
- Increase awareness of the work and programmes of the MLSP.
- Promote participation in sport in a drug free environment.
MLSP will work with member agencies and local community groups to provide opportunities to participate regardless of age, ability, background and socio-economic position.
MLSP hope to achieve its objectives through the delivery of the following programmes – Buntus, Active Leadership, Older Adults Initiatives and by organising and facilitating workshops in Club Training and Development, Capital Funding, Code Of Ethics, Children’s Officer Training, SAQ, First Aid, AED Trainig and many others.