Demystifying the Public Procurement Pathway – RiseLab #SpeakSessions with Orla Leydon
A series of FREE monthly webinars hosted by RISELab #SpeakSessions with leading professionals from industry providing a panel discussion and knowledge share for emerging and/or scaling entrepreneurs nationally.
In our February webinar Orla Leydon from Office & Training Solutions took a deep dive into public procurement, exploring the sources & benefits of tendering for public funds and how to navigate the etenders system.
Below is a summary of topics covered;
Why should SMEs tender for Public Funded contracts?
- The benefits of public contracts to SMEs and why are they worth considering as a revenue stream,
- What are the procurement rules public bodies are required to follow when tendering for public funded contracts,
- Where to access public funded contracts – eTenders, local funders, networking etc.
Using the Etenders System;
- Register on eTenders as a supplier,
- Access public funded contracts on the eTenders site,
- Download tender documents from an eTenders contract notice,
- Submit a response to an advertised tender via the eTenders post-box,
How to effectively respond to a Tender Document for public funded contracts;
- The typical format of a tender document – Instructions to Tender, Contract,Conditions, Buyers Specification of Requirements, Mandatory Requirements to tender,Contract Award Criteria]
- An effective format of a tender response document – organise your team , timeline the tasks required to develop a good tender, develop a clear response structure, address key drivers for success in responses.
How tender submissions are evaluated;
- If unsuccessful ask for feedback from the buyer and learn from it by putting this learning into practice in future tender responses.
And last but not least Orla shared some final tips for success!
Orla Leydon (Office & Training Solutions) works countrywide with public and private organisations to demystify the requirements of Public Procurement.
This includes working with funders to tender for suppliers to perform public contracts and with suppliers who wish to secure publicly funded contracts. Her experience spans across sector, and she holds a Certificate in Public Procurement and keeps herself up to date with public procurement legislation updates through regular seminars & master classes provided by CMG Events and Achilles Procurement Services Limited.
If you would like to view this webinar or receive a copy of the presentation please email email@example.com