MEW Student Enterprise Challenge
- Best New Business
- Best Pre-Startup
The purpose of the competition is to encourage and reward entrepreneurial creativity, innovation and participation amongst the youth of Meath while also providing a platform for aspiring young entrepreneurs to engage with and learn from leading entrepreneurs and businesses from across the region.
The MEW Student Enterprise Challenge, which is now in its 5th year, has been an important starting point for many student start-ups in Meath and is an excellent opportunity for students to meet potential business advisors, mentors and investors.
Categories / Prizes
- Best New Business Best Pre-Startup
- 1stPrize – €600 1stPrize – €400
- 2ndPrize – €300 2ndPrize – €200
- 3rdPrize – €150 3rdPrize – €100
- Best 10 Minute Pitch
The winning schools will also receive the following;
- Best New Business Winner Best Pre-Startup Winner
- €600 €400
- Best 10 Minute Pitch
- The MEW Student Enterprise Challenge is open to all students attending secondary school in Meath,
- Applicants can be teams or individuals (5 max per team),
- Competitors must deliver a 10-minute business presentation or pitch to a panel of judges.
- Please email email@example.com to submit applications.
- Applications for MEW Student Enterprise Challenge 2019 will open in September 2019
The decision of the judges is final.
All competitors are invited to attend the #MEW2019 Business Conference & Expo where they will;
- Get the opportunity to meet with entrepreneurs and potential investors,
- Listen to panel discussions featuring established and successful entrepreneurs discussing topical issues,
- Opportunity to showcase their business at the #MEW2019 Business Expo.
Winners of the 2018 MEW Student Enterprise Challenge
Best New Business
1 – Lighting PC Customs (St Pats CS) €600 (Same to school)
Simon Goodwin, Jack Donohoe, Ethon Davis, Keelan Mulvaney, Callum Shields
2 – Safe-Tea (Dunshaughlin CC) €300
Cian Maguire, Sean McConnell, Ruairi Kinsella
3 – Code-Ed (St Pats) €150
Matthew Clinton, Jake Casserly, Cian Perdisatt
4 – NeezUp (Eureka CS) €75
Sinead Forde, Ciara Fullerton, Ciara Slater
1 – Gaeilgeoirí Beag (St Joseph’s / Mercy) €400 (Same to school)
Ciara Brady, Lauren Gilroy, Rachel Gavin, Fate Russell, Hannah Dempsey
2 – First Cow / Calf Safety Barrier (Dunshaughlin CC) €200
3 – Music Rules (St Pats CS) €100
Ciaran Cahill, Robert Staunton
4 – The Calf Catcher (Eureka) €50
Emma Hetherton, Orla Griffin, Aisling Daly (
Best 10 Minute Pitch
Printed / Next Level Jewellery (Dunshaughlin CC) €250 (Same to school)
Lauren Mc Conkey, Ingrid Reilly, Chloe Bissett, Aoife Sheehan