The Boyne Valley Food Innovation District is hiring a Business Development / Operations Manager – Meath Enterprise #JobsInMeath
The Boyne Valley Food Innovation District is hiring a Business Development and Operations Manager
We are looking for a Business Development / Operations Manager to join our growing team in Navan, Co Meath #JobsInMeath
Boyne Valley Food Innovation District – BVFID (a not-for-profit subsidiary of Meath Enterprise) is a smart specialisation collaborative that nurtures food and drink SMEs and talent to achieve their commercialisation and scaling potential. It is a leading-edge cluster that is fuelled by collaboration with the unique potential to spur productive and sustainable regional economic development, levering the power of intercompany linkages to drive innovation and sales growth nationally and internationally.
Reporting to the CEO, the Business Development and Operations Manager will champion the development of the new Boyne Valley Food Hub and play a pivotal role in the management and development of other major infrastructural and enterprise development projects, initiatives and facilities that support startups, SMEs, remote workers and ecosystem development across Meath and the wider region.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to);
- Managing the design, development and completion of major infrastructural and enterprise development projects including local authority planning applications, project funding applications, procurement and legal matters,
- Managing the architects, technical consultant teams / contractors (and related activities) of all construction / infrastructural projects and ensuring that all the relevant quality and safety standards and KPIs are met,
- Managing all project budgets and funding claims relating to major infrastructural and/or enterprise development projects in line with agreed parameters and providing regular and detailed reports to the CEO,
- Managing all the day-to-day operational, promotional and development functions of the enterprise centres / hubs and all related projects, initiatives and activities,
- Managing tenant/client relationships, leases and occupancy levels within the hubs,
- Developing new income/funding streams and opportunities internally and externally,
- Developing strong working relationships and collaborative partnerships with tenants/clients and with external stakeholders such as startups, SMEs, Corporates, local and national government and state agencies, academic and research institutions, business support and funding organisations and the community / social enterprise sectors to ensure balanced, inclusive and sustainable ecosystem / regional development,
- Developing and facilitating food startup, scaleup and SME training and development programmes, events, networking, internship and funding opportunities and more to support the development of the Food Innovation District and the wider entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Supporting, promoting and developing a culture of innovation, collaboration & entrepreneurship within the organisation and across the County and the wider region,
- Working to ensure best practice Governance in line with the Good Governance code is achieved in the operation and growth of the organisation and all related activities,
Key Skills & Experience:
- A QQI level 8 Degree in Business, Management or a related discipline is preferred and would be a distinct advantage,
- Minimum 7 years professional and relevant industry/sector experience is essential,
- Excellent IT, digital media, presentation, reporting, business & financial planning skills and experience is essential,
- Ability, and a proven track record, in planning, promoting and delivering major local and regional projects, events and initiatives that support and promote economic and enterprise development, multi-sectoral and multi-regional clustering, sustainability and social prosperity,
- Ability to strategically and tactically manage, lead and negotiate with large teams, groups, organisations and networks in order to deliver on the organisations vision and objectives,
- Ability to connect, lead, motivate and inspire people both online and offline,
- Strong PR, marketing and digital content creation skills and experience,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English,
- Full clean ‘B’ driving licence and own transport is essential for this role.
Location: Navan, Co Meath
Contract Type: Full-time
Contract Duration: 2 year fixed term contract subject to 6 month probationary period
Salary: €52-55k DOE
Reporting Structure: Reporting directly to the CEO of BVFID (Meath Enterprise)
Deadline for Applications: 18th November 2022 at 5.00pm
How To Apply;
Email a CV and Cover Letter (Job Ref- BVFID1-BDM) to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Only CVs and Cover Letters submitted directly to email@example.com will be considered or accepted)
This position is being part-funded under the governments Regional Enterprise Development Fund (REDF) which is administered by Enterprise Ireland and is also being supported and part-funded by Meath Enterprise and Meath County Council.
BVFID is an equal opportunities employer #JobsInMeath